RISE OF THE NONES: HOW DECLINING RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION IS CHANGING CIVIL SOCIETY
Presented by the Center for Civil Society
November 7–8, 2023 ● The W Scottsdale Hotel ● Scottsdale, AZ
Our third annual Givers, Doers, & Thinkers conference will gather donors, nonprofit leaders, and scholars from across the country. This conference is your chance to:
- Network with like-minded people in the world of nonprofits, faith, and charitable giving.
- Learn from expert panelists who will share knowledge and tips as to how you and your organization can strengthen civil society.
- Hear from featured speakers such as Mary Eberstadt, Shelby Steele, and Michael Matheson Miller.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The 2023 Annual Conference for Givers, Doers, and Thinkers will take place in Scottsdale, Arizona. The conference is the third in a series of events that will bring donors and civil society leaders together to discuss and develop ways to strengthen American civil society. The purpose of this conference series is to advance a robust vision for charitable giving that is grounded in the Judeo-Christian understanding of charity, to champion local giving, and to share ideas on how to conserve the natural and cultural goods of our communities and our nation.
You will hear featured speakers including Michael Matheson Miller from the Acton Institute and Hoover Institution Senior Fellow Shelby Steele. Our keynote speaker will be acclaimed author, Mary Eberstadt. Panel discussions will take place on topics such as religious liberty and the courts, religious educational institutions, religious ministries, and donor strategies.
While some research indicates that religious affiliation is in steep decline, the conference’s speakers and panelists will share how religiously affiliated nonprofits and donors provide hope for the future of civil society. By joining us in November, you will see how religion is still influential and does much good in the world.
If you are passionate about the fundamental role that faith plays in American society, please join us in Scottsdale this November!
- WHEN: The conference will take place on November 7th and 8th 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- WHERE: The Marriot W Scottsdale located at 7277 East Camelback Road in Scottsdale, Arizona 85251 | Special GDT prices hotel booking -> here.
- DETAILS: The full conference agenda, which includes three featured speakers and five-panel discussions, can be seen here.
Founder of Pacific Equity Management and President of the Casillas Foundation
Managing Partner of Sovereign’s Capital
JP De Gance
Founder and President of Communio
Chief Education Officer of Tikvah
Attendance is open to donors; donor advisors; charitable foundation representatives, staff, and board members; and nonprofit leaders. This is a non-solicitation event.